Monday 6 August 2018

changming: literary endeavours-august18

1. got only 4 acceptances in june (the fewest since july 2011), but 17 in july - so tired of making subs, i often thought of stopping doing so altogether. but as i still keep writing from time to time, i find the pleasant feeling brought about by the few acceptances is 'worth' much more than the lousy feeling i received from the disproportionately large number of rejections.

2. quite interestingly, i found a chinese  e.zine called '诗在线‘published on weixin (WeChat); i sent five self-translated pieces last month and they were were all published a few days later. i have made no subs to chinese publications in almost five years, believing that few chinese readers like my poetry.

3. after much hesitancy, i have temporarily put my health site 'happy yangsheng' on hiatus. i meant to resume it right after return from my china trip, but found my effort had received far less attention than the minimal. i had thought it as a 'charitable' course; in fact, it turns out an unappreciated project though it puts a huge health burden on me (especially my eyes). i've no idea when to continue it.

4. the ageing process is one full of unlimited health nuisances. given the way almost all my health problems have to do with my congenital deformities rather than with my living habits or lifestyle, i have since childhood never felt how a perfectly normal person feels. as i suffer 'periodically' from my poor relational life, i am periodically in low spirits...




No comments:

Post a Comment