Thursday 1 October 2020

changming: lit endeavors - oct 1

 1. got 21 acceptances in july, 16 in august, & 14 in september, including such as australian poetry journal, los angeles review of los angeles, slyce, canadian lit, poetry archive now!, windsor review, hitchlit review and cabalt review. 

2. in july, Sound of USA [美洲文化之声 国际传媒网] published 4 of my chinese poems at http://www.soundofusa.com/%E8%BF%81%E5%BE%99-%E8%A2%81%E6%98%8C%E6%98%8E%EF%BC%88%E5%8A%A0%E6%8B%BF%E5%A4%A7%EF%BC%89/. in mid-sept, WePoetry 【海外詩粹】featured 14 of my selected poems in both engish and chinese at https://wepoetry.com/yuan-changming-selected-poems-thought-hunting/. much to my delight, i have recently had as many as ten poems showcased in the highly prestigious hk-based (translation) journal Renditions [译丛], which is believed to be the main window to take a look at the supposedly 'best' chinese literary works. 

although another two mainland-based chinese online journals published my chinese poems, they later removed my work from their sites because it failed to be voted/selected for inclusion in their paper-based versions. no matter how i have tried, my poems, either written originally in chinese or translated (from my best accepted english ones) into chinese, are not appreciated at all by chinese editors as a rule. this fact sometimes makes me feel no longer confident about my writings in chinese. while i have been wondering about why editors/magazines based in mainland china never like my chinese poems, i find it quite comforting that my chinese poems have been published in first-rate chinese magazines based in hong kong, taiwan, singapore, macau as well as other parts of the world. 

3. accepted the offer from a california-based press to publish my 9th chapbook, tentatively titled 'whale's whispers', later next spring. 

4. still waiting for a highly possible contracted translation job: 3 books, now reduced to 1, to be translated from chinese into english by the end of this year, which will be published not by my press this time, but by their followers at minimum cost early next year. nevertheless, i doubt they (the create abundance group, now known as golden touch) are serious enough: for the past 3 to 4 years, they have 'hooked' me up with 4 different literary projects, but after i went through much trouble and even finished the preparatory stages, they simply gave me no follow-ups. 

i often feel very very lousy about how 'bad' some people in the literary circle can be, in both the english and chinese speaking worlds. 

No comments:

Post a Comment