Monday 5 May 2014

allen qing yuan: may updates

Hello all,

Recently, I have celebrated my birthday as a full-fledged adult. Throughout this year, I have had various achievements like having my brand, Above The Movement Clothing, featured in UBC's Commerce Undergraduate Society's newspaper Cavalier and in a local fashion blog called "Vancity Tribe."

More importantly, I am happy that my poetry has been the most viewed these past few months in the 2013 winter issue of Poetry Pacific (2.4). I am grateful for those who take the time to read my work regardless of whether or not it is likeable. I highly value acknowledgement.

Personally, this year has been all about maintaining a positive mindset and an insatiable hunger for success. I believe that one of the worst things a person can do is to be complacent. One thing I keep in the back of my head is that the human mind makes everything possible; the moment we conceive an idea is the moment when we are able to realize a possibility and make it reality. That said, I hope everyone believes in themselves and their abilities to succeed no matter what their ventures are in.

Have a great summer and please keep supporting Poetry Pacific.

Cheers,
Allen

No comments:

Post a Comment